State Team Leader
The State Team Leader will work on the Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Programme (MNCH2) which is a country led programme aiming to reduce maternal and child mortality in Northern Nigeria. It is funded by UKAid from the UK government and being implemented in six states in northern Nigeria. The State Team Leaders will ensure that state-level project objectives, outcomes, and deliverables are met and that financial, operational and reporting requirements of the donor are adhered to. They will be working closely with and managing core staff of technical and administrative programme experts.
You will provide overall state level technical leadership and representation of the project, under the direction of the Deputy Team Leader and work closely with the Technical Advisors and Coordinators to ensure all interventions are delivered to the highest standard to ensure they are effective. You will also ensure logframe results are achieved with the support of the Technical Advisors and Coordinators.
- Master’s degree in public health or a relevant field
- Demonstrated coordination experience in international health programmes, with a record of successful team leadership and achieving programme objectives
- Experience providing expertise in multiple programme focus areas (health system strengthening and reproductive health is a benefit) in Nigeria
- Deep understanding and knowledge of contemporary health system dynamics and MNCH challenges
- Demonstrated capabilities in management, capacity building, high-level strategic visioning, and leadership
- Demonstrated experience in budget management
- In depth understanding of the political, social, economic, and cultural context of Northern Nigeria
- Experience working effectively with Local Government Authorities (LGA) and State government authorities (Jigawa would be a very strong benefit)
- Familiarity with the political, social, economic, and cultural context of Northern Nigeria required
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including generous annual leave allowance, life insurance, accident insurance, health insurance and housing allowance.
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Samira Abu-Helil firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should state the role in the subject header
- Closing date for applications is: 27th October 2017
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Options is an equal opportunities employer
Candidates are required to have the right to work in Nigeria.